Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Magazine Art: Frog's Pond

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. I've had a move that has really distracted me and I'm still setting up my new studio. It's been a really busy couple of months and I'm glad to finally be getting back on track!

Above is one of my latest works, titled Frog's Pond. I've created this full page illustration for a new children's magazine to go along with a haiku. If you're unsure what a haiku is, it's defined as "a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world." The illustration has hidden pictures throughout: Can you find the 4 pears, 4 oranges, 4 spiders and 4 ladybugs?

2 comments:

Tamara Henderson said...

Hi Chrissy! Really nice illustration! The colors are really bright and love the scenery! I understand how moving is distracting we're getting ready to move in the next month and searching for a new place it's been taking up a lot of my time. I hope your enjoying your new place and studio!

Nikki said...

Hey!!!

This is wonderful! I love that it is hidden pictures too!!!

Hope all is well!!!