Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring Brings a New Look!

I hope all the moms who read my blog had a wonderful Mother's Day. I took Sunday off, made a special breakfast and watched several fun new movies. That plus my darling husband Joe showered me with chocolate! =)

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been busy working on a variety of things. Woke up last Monday and I was really in a writing mood for the first time since Dave passed, so my YA novel has been getting lots of attention lately! When I'm not busy with that, it's illustration projects and developing that second style I've been telling you about. The cute little spot illustration above is a new look I'm experimenting with, and I'd love your feedback on it!

All the snow is gone from interior Alaska (you can probably tell by my color choices above how that has me feeling). We're even getting some hints of green on the local birch - a very welcome sight after a long winter! What colors are outside your window?

4 comments:

crystal driedger said...

Gosh and it snowed today in Alberta Canada! Horrah for writing more of your novel, that's wonderful.
Cool new style. I like the texture of the grass and the soft cheeks but think I prefer your old way of doing hair. :) Happy drawing!

FAVREAU said...

Snow you say? Wow, and I was complaining about rain yesterday!

Thanks for your observations. I had to go back and check what I usually do hair like, as I almost never think about it. =) It's fun getting input.

Nikki said...

Glad to see you posting again!

I have been bad too....

Congrats on getting back to writing..

Outside my window? We have very green grass and the trees leaves are almost in full spread. I am so glad it is here... I start to get very moody when spring doesn't come... I don't think I good handle a long winter!

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Good illustration for Spring!! Maybe you should add some pretty
flowers.

That's great your writing again and creating new art.

It's hot here in Georgia and we have been getting alot of thunderstorms.