Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Don't Kiss Signs for Baby and Why You Need One

A little while ago, I started getting numerous requests for Do Not Kiss Me signs for babies. I thought that was a bit strange ... I know people kiss babies in Europe, but in America? Who just runs around kissing random people's babies? Wouldn't they get slugged?

Well, I found out why people were freaking out. Apparently, a newborn baby died from contracting the herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores, after someone kissed her. Holy cow! If that's not terrifying, I don't know what is!

Seriously, who are these people doing these things? If you want a baby to kiss and touch, make your own ... why do this to someone else's child? I can't wrap my mind around it.

Needless to say, this is a very serious problem.

When I go out now, I try to remember one of these signs.


I try very hard to only shop at one store, where everyone knows me as "the lady with the signs". That way, if by chance I don't have a sign near him, they know how I feel about people touching my kid. Although, as you can imagine, shopping at only one store is very limiting.

Boy is it exhausting when people know no boundaries, and they are literally everywhere. Being a parent is hard work ... and endless worrying.


No comments: